Non-Refundable Deposit (NRD)
What is an NRD?
You may find that an item you have your eye on requires a non-refundable deposit (NRD) in order to reserve it. Usually this is while the item is still in the process of production, and the NRD helps us make sure we craft just the right amount of the product to satisfy our customers. The NRD means that you're on the hook to pay that deposit amount even if you cancel your order.
How the NRD works
- The NRD amount is displayed on the web page entitled, 'Your Shopping Cart.' (See image below.) NRDs are usually 10% of the item’s price except for framed items, which are 15% because frames are really heavy.
- 24-hour grace period: If you disagree with the terms of this agreement, then you may cancel your order without penalty just as long as it is within 24 hours of placing that order. The NRD will be refunded in full within 1-2 business days, but please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to post to your original form of payment. If Sideshow Rewards were applied on the order, they will be returned to the account automatically.
- NRDs cannot be transferred if your order is canceled, for any reason.
- NRDs cannot be reinstated and placed on a different order.
- NRDs will be refunded automatically if there is a cancelation due to a delay in the estimated arrival date. If you receive an e-mail notice indicating a delay in the estimated arrival date and wish to cancel, simply cancel from your account and the deposit will be automatically refunded.
Payment Plan Cancellation Fee
The payment plan option is a great resource for avid collectors, but it requires a little bit more work on our end. For this reason, Sideshow will unfortunately need to charge a fee when a payment plan order is canceled.
The non-refundable deposit placed to secure your order will be used as that cancellation fee. This cancellation fee is required whether the order cancellation was completed by the customer or by Sideshow (due to insufficient funds, expired payment methods, etc.).
Customs / Duty Abandonment Fee
Items that carry a "This item cannot be returned" distinction (located on the item page) are not returnable for a refund, sorry.
Credit card companies submitting a dispute, or chargeback, to Sideshow for any NRDs, cancellation fees, or back-charged customs duties will be given a copy of the terms and conditions of those specific agreements, as well as documentation of our checkout process illustrating your acceptance of the terms, via the client-required action of selecting a check box. The information that will be provided illustrates a contract that you created with Sideshow upon checkout and generally results in a dismissal of the dispute. Please keep in mind that any accounts with pending chargebacks will be temporarily disabled, to avoid further billing and shipping issues, while all concerns are resolved. Multiple chargebacks may result in account closure.