Nerdist Life-Size Han Solo™ in Carbonite Giveaway!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) Sponsorship: Han Solo in Carbonite Life-Size Figure sponsored by Sideshow, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 (“Sponsor”), Nerdist, Burbank, CA 91504 ("media sponsor").
2) Duration: The “Han Solo in Carbonite Life-Size Figure Giveaway” (“Giveaway”) begins 6:00 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) July 19, 2017 and ends 11:59PM PT August 28, 2017 (“Giveaway Period”).
3) Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of thea 50 United States and the District of Columbia, countries within the EU, and Canada who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and its parent, affiliated, and subsidiary companies, distributors, retailers, licensors, advertising and media partners (collectively, “Sponsor’s Entities”) (and the immediate family members, including parents, spouses, children, and siblings, of all of the foregoing) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4) Entry: One entry per person/household. You may enter the Giveaway in one of two ways: (1) by logging onto the Giveaway page (Sideshow.com/solocontest) and completing the entry form by providing your name, country of residence, and email address OR (2) via mail by hand-printing on a 3″ x 5″ card your first and last name, date of birth, street address, city, state, zip code, and e-mail address and sending in a stamped #10 envelope with proper postage affixed to: “Han Solo in Carbonite Life-Size Figure Giveaway” c/o Sideshow, 2630 Conejo Spectrum Street, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320. You must read and agree to the terms and conditions of the Giveaway prior to submitting your entry. Online entries must be received by 11:59 PM PT August 28, 2017 to be eligible via this method of entry Mail-in entries must be postmarked by August 28, 2017 and received by August 31, 2017 to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per outer envelope. Limit one (1) entry per person, per household and per e-mail address for duration of the Giveaway regardless of method of entry.
5) Winner Selection: One (1) grand prize winner will be selected randomly from qualifying entries to the Giveaway, after August 31, 2017 and announced on Wednesday, September 13, 2017. The winner will be notified by e-mail and must respond to Sponsor by 5PM Pacific Time the next business day. “Sponsor will make only one attempt to notify the potential winner of the Giveaway, in Sponsor’s discretion, at the e-mail address provided by the entrant. If sponsor does not receive a response to notification(s) for any reason by the specified time, Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to select a new potential winner. The winner will be listed on the giveaway page (Sideshow.com/solocontest) on September 13, 2017. Winner name requests will only be accepted after winner has been posted on the giveaway page (Sideshow.com/solocontest) on September 13, 2017. To request the winner name, please send a self-addressed, stamped business sized envelope, by December 31, 2017, to: “Han Solo in Carbonite Life-Size Figure Giveaway Winner List Requests” c/o Sideshow, 2630 Conejo Spectrum Street, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320.
6) Release of Liability: By participating, all entrants agree as follows: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of their names and/or likenesses and/or biographical data by Sponsor and its designees if selected as a winner for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any or all media now or subsequently known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); and (c) THAT SPONSOR AND THEIR MEDIA PARTNERS, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR ANY “IN THE BOX” WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH A PRIZE. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, points or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, the tabulation of the number of points earned or redeemed, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Giveaway-related materials or for any damage to entrant’s or other person’s computer, hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for entries or mail that are illegible, lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or postage due, or garbled or delayed by computer transmissions and all such entries are void. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Giveaway, or those who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the sponsor will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Every entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or any other means that subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such entries will be void. In the event the Giveaway is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Giveaway or if Giveaway is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Giveaway or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any entrant (and void his/her entry) whose conduct potentially compromises the Giveaway and at its sole discretion, if terminated, to award the prize from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the act requiring such termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7). Binding Arbitration: As a condition of participating in the Giveaway, (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses, if any, (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Giveaway, or any compensation or credit to be provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, if any, and (d) in no event SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE attorneys’ fees OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
8). Governing Law: Giveaway is governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws principles, with venue in Los Angeles, CA. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the Giveaway shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
The Grand Prize:
- One (1) Life-Size Han Solo in Carbonite - Valued at $7,499 USD
The Winner will be responsible for any and all taxes (including U.S. federal, state and local taxes and/or international import fees or customs charges) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not described herein as being awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute prize of comparable or greater value.
The winner may be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility, tax identification information (for U.S. Winner) is required to claim prize of this value, a waiver of liability, and (where legally permitted) a publicity release if deemed necessary by Sponsor. Failure to do so, if requested, will mean forfeiture of the prize.
10) Prize Delivery: Prizes will be shipped for free to U.S. winners and with discounted shipping to international winners. However, all and any import / customs fees, and U.S. taxes (if applicable) are the responsibility of the Giveaway winner.
11) General: The Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning a prize are determined by total number of eligible entries received. All entries become property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. Acknowledgment of an entry does not indicate that the entry qualifies, only that the entry has been received. Sponsor shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize by reason of any act of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, international carrier issues or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the Sideshow.com website using Sideshow Contest Entry Form here: Sideshow.com/thanosgiveaway Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial giveaway subscription notification and/or entering service site, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Giveaway. Use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.